Maryland Capital Enterprises, Inc. (MCE) provides small business loans to businesses located in MCE’s Service Area: Wicomico, Worcester, Somerset, Dorchester, Talbot, Caroline, Queen Anne’s, and Kent counties of Maryland’s Eastern Shore and also Baltimore City, Anne Arundel, and Baltimore counties.
Our goal is to support businesses that provide a service or product to the surrounding community, help businesses open their doors, and provide them with the business training and mentoring needed to succeed.
The purpose of this program is to provide small businesses with an alternative to using high-interest credit cards for paying business-related expenses and to provide small businesses with a method of improving their credit rating. The loans closed in this program will typically be unsecured, but security will be used if offered.
Terms and Fees
- Loans of $500 to $2,500 – 12 to 18 months term
- Loans of $2,501 to $5,000 – 12 to 36 months term
- Interest rates will be assessed depending on the risk and the amount of the loan
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- $15 non-refundable Credit Report fee per applicant
- $50 Closing Fee for underwriting
- MCE will conduct semi-annual site visits to your business
- Security may be required up to the full amount of the loan
- Applicants must be sole proprietors, partnerships, or corporations
What can Maryland Capital Enterprise start-up loan money be used for?
MCE start-up loan money can be used for almost anything that will help you start and operate your business. Each loan application will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. The borrower will need to specify what the funds will be used for. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Machinery and equipment
- Furniture and fixtures
- Supplies, materials, and inventory
- Working capital
- Truck/car purchase for the business
Keep in mind, it’s our mission to work with those who have sound ideas for starting or expanding a small business; those who will promote self-sufficiency and create jobs to help others become self-sufficient, productive members of our community.
However, sometimes we are unable to approve all loans presented. We will try to make every effort to give you alternate resources and work with you if you wish to proceed in such a manner.